WEEK FOUR - THE COMIC BOOK

WEEK FOUR - THE COMIC BOOK

             I found comic books really interesting considering they weren't that different from comic strips that had a continuing storyline like valiant. The major difference I think was the length of course and the shift in content. There seemed to be a lot of hero-like characters like Batman and Superman. Early comic-books were similar to a movie with sequels in some cases where others had recycled characters and were similar to movie remakes. I enjoyed the drama and style that were implemented into some of them, especially the superhero ones. You would get to follow along with the hero, solve problems, and see cool action drawings. I also think that in some comic books I got to see a glimpse into the culture of the past; some of the slang and style was something I noticed. I believe at this time though many comics were purely for entertainment purposes there may be a few that hold legitimate educational value and possess compelling narratives. contrary to the belief at the time I feel like comics enhance the mind rather than dull it. Interesting and engaging stories, token characters, and a lot of adventure in an attractive portable book sounds good to me.


Comments

Popular Posts